FAQ – Werkvergunning

Need any help?

Do you have a question about your application for a residence permit, duplicate or refund? On this page you will find the answer to most questions. Is your question not listed? Please feel free to contact us. We can be reached by phone during our office hours. You can also email us. For questions about your application, always mention the application number and FMSCRV number.

Working permit

As long as a person (foreigner) does not have a residence permit for an indefinite period, he needs an employment permit.

Exceptions to this are:

  • individuals who fall under Brooks Tower category 1
  • individuals with an own company (one-man business) 

If you have other reasons to indicate that you do not need an Employment permit (TWV), you can contact the Ministry of Social Development, Labor and Welfare (SOAW) (599 9 434 0300) for further information.

The employer must first request an Employment permit from the SOAW for the person in question ate the Vergunningenloket. After the employer has received a valid Employment permit (TWV), the applicant or his authorized representative can apply for a residence permit at the Admission Office.

In the event of any change that affects the residence permit, the person must submit an application with change within a time limit of 6 weeks.

Your question

Your answer or question is not in the FAQ listing? Then you can submit your question below.

    * fields are required

    Volg ons


    The Ministry of Justice is responsible for publishing information on this website. The information has been collected with care and accuracy. The Ministry of Justice does its utmost to keep the information as up-to-date as possible. However, no rights may be derived from this website. This website is managed by the Ministry of Justice. The information on this website may be shared, provided the source is acknowledged.