Legal representatives of foreign minors traveling to Curaçao must also take the aforementioned principles into account. The traveling foreign minor should present the documents, applicable in their country or origin, by means of which it can be proven that the minor is traveling with his/her lawful parents or has been granted permission for the purpose of the trip, and, if applicable, to travel with a designated accompanying adult.

Failure to produce the necessary documents for identification purposes and the safe stay of the child may mean that the minor will not be granted admission or will (temporarily) be placed under the supervision of the competent authorities for the purpose of the necessary investigation.

The documents to be presented for traveling non-resident minor foreigners include: 

  1. Birth certificate, identity documents, as well as travel documents of the minor; 
  2. Identity document(s) of the guardian or the competent parent(s) or guardian, having authority to give consent to travel; 
  3. Valid identity documents of the accompanying adult; 
  4. Documents proving who is the legal representative of the traveling minor;
  5. If special circumstances exist, they must be supported by official legal documents. These should be apostilled or legalized⁸.
  6. Fully completed consent form, signed by the parent(s) who is/are not traveling, designating the responsible and, if necessary, accompanying adult and the responsible adult during the stay.

Tourist stay of minor foreigner

A minor foreigner traveling alone must be reported to the Aliens Supervision and Border Control Unit by means of a duly filled-out consent form, signed by the lawful legal representative(s) together with the required documents as mentioned above.

Long stay minor foreigner

If the minor enters for a long-term stay, he/she must have a (temporary) residence permit, or a letter of approval from the Admission Office Curaçao, for the purpose of family reunification or study.

⁸ Depending on the country of birth/recognition/marriage, the birth/recognition/marriage certificate needs to be legalized or apostilled. EU countries are excluded from this. Apostille applies to the countries affiliated with the Apostille Convention (Convention for the Abolition of the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Deeds, The Hague, 05-10-1961).


The Ministry of Justice is responsible for publishing information on this website. The information has been collected with care and accuracy. The Ministry of Justice does its utmost to keep the information as up-to-date as possible. However, no rights may be derived from this website. This website is managed by the Ministry of Justice. The information on this website may be shared, provided the source is acknowledged.