What is the Responsible Integration project?
If you have a valid residence permit, you can easily handle your affairs, having the same rights as any citizen of Curacao. The Responsible Integration project offers you, as an undocumented immigrant, the possibility to legalize your position.
Who is eligible for Responsible Integration?
You are eligible for Responsible Integration if you entered Curacao before March 13th, 2020, in a legal manner. Furthermore, you must meet all requirements set out. There are general requirements that apply to all candidates, and there are specific requirements that, depending on the purpose for which you request a temporary permit, are either applicable or not. You must submit a complete application in accordance with the requirements list.
- Proof of payment of fees and charges;
- A duly filled out online application form;
- A copy of your valid passport (if you are a national of several countries; a copy of all passports);
- A copy of your birth certificate1 (issued no longer than 2 years ago).
- A certificate of good conduct of your last place of residence which was valid at the moment of entry yet not issued before March 13th, 2019.
- An employer’s statement filled out and signed by the employer, along with a copy of the employer’s valid ID2;
- A statement of guarantee3, duly filled out and signed by the employer, along with a revenue stamp of NAf. 10,=;
- If it concerns several members of a family, then an application must be submitted for each family member.
- Depending on the country of birth/recognition/marriage, the certificate of birth/recognition/marriage must be legalized or certified with an apostille. EU countries are exempt from this rule.
- If the employer is not subject to Article 1, paragraph a of the LTU, a copy of a valid statement of non-applicability/a valid statement of operation of law/a valid residence permit and a copy of a valid passport must be submitted.
- If the guarantor (private person or sole proprietorship) is married, then their partner must also sign the statement of guarantee and submit a copy of their valid ID.
THERE ARE MORE REQUIREMENTS WHICH, DEPENDING ON THE PURPOSE OF YOUR RESIDENCE, ARE EITHER APPLICABLE OR NOT. ONLY FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM IF YOU MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS AND CAN SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. ADDITIONAL FORMS TO WHICH REFERRAL IS MADE, MAY BE FOUND THROUGH A LINK. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD, FILL OUT, SIGN AND UPLOAD THESE FORMS.
During which period may the application be submitted?
You can submit the application for temporary residence permit from March 15th, 2021 to September 15th, 2021. Processing of your application will take up to a maximum of 6 months.
- Take note of all requirements and required documents
- Gather and fill out all required documents
- Duly fill out the digital application form which consists of the following items:
- Purpose of your stay
- Personal information (of the applicant and, where applicable, their partner and children)
- Address of residence
- Email address and phone numbers
- Details of the referent
- Since when you reside in Curacao
- Statement regarding criminal history
- Authorization (if applicable)
- You upload all required documents
- You send the application form
- When submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation.
- You can check the status of your application through the page petishonnan prosesa.
- We kindly urge you to refrain from contacting the Admissions Office if the processing period has not yet expired.
If the decision in your case is positive, you may make an appointment through email@example.com to collect your residence permit.
TO COLLECT YOUR RESIDENCE PERMIT, YOU MUST APPEAR IN PERSON, AND PRESENT THE DOCUMENTS LISTED IN THE DECISION.
For any questions you may have, please visit our Facebook page: Toelatingsorganisatie Curacao