FAQ – Dutch people

Need any help?

Do you have a question about your application for a residence permit, duplicate or refund? On this page you will find the answer to most questions. Is your question not listed? Please feel free to contact us. We can be reached by phone during our office hours. You can also email us. For questions about your application, always mention the application number and FMSCRV number.


Individuals of Dutch nationality who do not fall under article 1 of the LTU are admitted by operation of the law. If the Dutch foreigner wants to continue to live and work here, he can submit an application for a Declaration Van Rechtswege.

An application for a Declaration Van Rechtswege can be submitted online. This is possible via this link: www.immigrationcur.org.

A Dutch who wants to leave permanently does not have to report to the Admission Office.

However, he is obliged to:

  • settle outstanding fines with the Public Prosecutor
  • take care of outstanding tax returns and their payment to the tax authorities
  • Deregister at Civil Registry (Kranshi)

Your question

Your answer or question is not in the FAQ listing? Then you can submit your question below.

    * fields are required

    Volg ons


    The Ministry of Justice is responsible for publishing information on this website. The information has been collected with care and accuracy. The Ministry of Justice does its utmost to keep the information as up-to-date as possible. However, no rights may be derived from this website. This website is managed by the Ministry of Justice. The information on this website may be shared, provided the source is acknowledged.